Monday, August 17, 2009

Limited supply challenge


I took home the Crafty Capers Flourishes stamps over the weekend with the hopes of finding time to play with them. When I was grabbing supplies from the store I was thinking I would just practice my coloring so brought home my Sepia Versafine ink, Pixie dust embossing (clear with sparkle), watercolor paper, heat gun and my Tombow markers. I got home started playing and realized I really should make a thank you card for our neighbours since they have been a huge help to use while I have been recovering from surgery. That is all well and good except I don't craft at home and had NO supplies to finish the card!
I found some nail scissors to cut out the images and my husband had some foam mounting tape at the back of his desk. The main white cardstock (which is hidden behind the blue cardstock) is from before I opened Crafty Capers and, to put it politely lesser quality from a large chain store. I had a blue card in the pile to go in the recycling bag so I cut the back of the card off and used it as my new card front. The striped paper is some wrapping paper I had kicking around and the yellow mount was from the Pre-Crafty Capers days. I had to assemble the card using an old glue stick I found in my desk! Not the best card I've made but not too terrible either!
Thanks for looking!
Recipe:
Stamps: Flourishes Peaches and Cherries set
Ink: Versafine Sepia
Embossing Powder: Crafty Capers Pixie Dust
Coloring: Tombow markers
Other: Bazzill cardstock, watercolor and others

No comments: