Sunday, May 24, 2009

Same stamps, different card

Here is the Stampendous Sushi set again but in a different card. With this card you pull the tab and the fish moves along the card to reveal something underneath. I've never made interactive cards before and they are quite easy and fun. I'm not sure who is getting this one I'll have to put it in my stash for when I need an emergency card!
I started out with a square scrap of blue which I cut out a channel. I used my Spellbinders tag trio (well one of the anyway) to cut the channel. The die is not long enough so I cut it out once then matched up the cutting lip and made the channel longer. I then used the waves from the Stampendous clear set "Summer Scene" and stamped them near the top of the square. I added a splash as well. I stamped the school of fish and the weeds in the same color. I stamped the castle with a brown ink and the with the same brown on an orangy brown scrap. I cut out the fish and set aside. I laid the square on my main cardstock so I would know where the channel would be located and stamped the little fish and bubbles through the channel. I found a strip of Bazzill Bling in my scraps and stamped the coral and bubbles in brown on the strip. I attached the stamped square to the main cardstock with double sided mounting tape making sure I made a channel with the tape the width of my strip so it had a track to run along. I attached the fish with the same double sided mounting tape and cut the strip a little longer than the card and rounded the "pull" edges with a punch.
All supplies are available at Crafty Capers in person or through mail order. Thanks for looking!
Recipe:
Stamps: Stampendous Sushi Bowl set & Summer Scene
Ink: Ranger Stonewash dye ink, Versafine Vintage Sepia
Other: Spellbinder tag trio dies, EK Success Inset punch

No comments: