Friday, April 10, 2009

The only way to know life...


is to love many things. I love this Penny Black saying it is probably my most used stamp in my current collection.
I'm quite happy with how this card turned - simple and classy. The one thing I would change though is I would buy the Spellbinders small classic ovals. This card is an excellent example of how big the mat is when you cut 2 shapes in the same set. These ovals are from the Spellbinder large classic oval set (the largest and second largest) see how big the mat is? If I had the small size as well the mat would have been 1/2 that.
I started out by cutting my 2 ovals then I used a Hero Art wild flower stamp. I used my Tombow markers dirctly on the wildflower stamp and stamped two times then reinked I did this probably 3 times. I then inked up my Penny Black saying with Versamagic (chalk) ink in Aegean Blue and stamped over the wild flowers. The rest is pretty straight forward. The designer paper is by Fancy Pants and the rhinestones are by Kaisercraft. The little ribbon embellishment was me being cheap. I had about an inch left of my ribbon too small for me to tie in a knot and I didn't want to throw it away! So I looped it around I quite like it.
Thanks for looking and all stamps and supplies are available from Crafty Capers.
One final thing before I go. Crafty Capers is closed today for Good Friday but we are open tomorrow (Saturday) and we are having a fun promotion called the Crafty Capers EGGstravaganza! Bring your purchases to the cash desk tomorrow, pick an Easter egg, open it and see what your discount is. It will be anything from 15-50% off your entire purchase! It should be lots of fun. Hope to see you tomorrow!

No comments: