Wednesday, April 29, 2009

New Do!


I got a new haircut and color with a new stylist on Friday. I really love it! So I thought I'd send her a thank you card.
I started out by stamping the girl (who kind of has the same hair as me now) and embossing her with Range detail black embossing powder on watercolor paper. I colored her with my Tombow markers. Her hair was supposed to be blonder but my Tombow blender had some red ink left in it so her hair went red so I had to darken it up! I stamped her again on a scrap of designer paper and cut out her bag and glued it on top of the original bag on the watercolor paper.
I used my new Large Scallop Octogon Nestabilities and cut out a blue and brown shape (same size I just cut the brown one in the middle). I stamped the special thanks message on a scrap of Bazzill cardstock and scored the "banner" with my Scor-It board to make it pop up (an idea I originally saw on the A Muse stamp blog). I added some Kaiser Blue flowers and some white dots with my Ranger white gel pen and voila! done! Thanks for looking!
Recipe:
Stamp: girl Stampendous, special thanks Hero Arts
Paper: brown dots A Muse, other cardstock Bazzill, Watercolor paper
Embellishments: Kaiser flowers, Ranger white gel pen, Ranger detail black embossing powder
Ink: Ranger Big and Bossy, Ranger Sailboat blue

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Your new "do" looks fabulous and I love your card! Great colours and colouring! Thanks for your comment on my blog and for the email. Hope to see you soon!