Friday, March 6, 2009

Mid-Summer


Oh, how I wish! :)
I thought I would try a card based on Michelle Zindorf’s techniques that would also qualify for Penny Black’s Saturday Challenge. I used Penny Black stamps 3625K Mid-Summer and 3158F Big Thoughts.
I inked my Mid-Summer (strawberry) stamp with Versamark ink then applied different colored Tombow markers directly over the Versamark ink on the stamp. I stamped the image onto a piece of smooth white cardstock then applied Crafty Capers Clear Embossing powder to the image and heated. I used my beloved pencil crayons to fill in the leaves, flowers and strawberries then colored over the pencil crayon with my Versamark pen and embossed these areas as well. Starting at the center of the image I applied Adirondack Lemonade dye ink with a piece of Ranger Cut N Dry foam. Once the Lemonade was applied I applied Adirondack Watermelon dye ink in a circle outside the yellow circle. I finished off the direct inking with Raisin Adirondack dye ink around the outside edges. I cut out the image with my Scallop Square Nestabilities. I matted this piece onto a scrap of cardstock matching the raisin color. I stamped the Think Big saying on my main cardstock in Raisin and used it to edge my main cardstock. I added a strip of green cardstock and 3 yellow Kaiser Craft rhinestones to finish the card.
Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Marcea said...

wonderful card, thanks for joining us on pbsc this week
-x-