Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Just playin


I started this flower over a week ago and I finally attached it to a card on the weekend. I will probably send it off to one of those people who sent me Christmas cards and I didn't send them one back because of the snow! Sorry guys!
The main image is by Stampendous. I've had this flower for a year or so now and I really love it. It's quite large so easy to color but looks good with no color as well. I started out my stamping and embossing the flower with Ranger Detail black embossing powder then I colored the the flower with my Tombow markers then to add some shine (see close up photo) I added Glossy Accents and let dry. The next day I cut it out. The matting is pretty basic just a bunch of scraps from my enormous scrap bin. The patterned paper is by SEI (striped sweater). When I had assembled everything I thought the bottom of the card needed something so I used a Hero Arts damask stamp and stamped along the bottom of the card with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink, which I am sure I have NEVER used before. It matched the cardstock perfectly - I knew there was a reason I bought that ink! :)
Thanks for looking and as always all supplies are available from Crafty Capers!

No comments: