Sunday, March 1, 2009

Asian Lanterns


One final stencil card. This card looks like it was quite a bit of work, and it was, but I would make another one of these. I was not that bad. I have made cards that I would NOT make again because they were too much work. :)
I started off with a Dreamweaver stencil (lanterns) and traced it onto Dreamweaver Double sided adhesive sheets. This project was excellent for using up some of my bitsy scraps of double sided adhesive. I cut out each lantern and peeled off one side of the backing and attached the lanterns to a scrap of blue cardstock. Then I used my craft knife and cut out pieces of the lanterns leaving the sticky adhesive exposed. I had to remove pieces by color for example I cut out and exposed all the areas I wanted black once I was satisfied I sprinkled Glitter Ritz glitter onto the exposed areas. Then I moved onto the next color and so on. It was fairly easy because you will notice most cuts are straight. Once all areas were covered in glitter. I used my Tombow glue pen and added "hangers" for the lanterns using Gunmetal Glitter Ritz. I let the glue dry then used my Ranger Inkessentials white gel pen to draw the cords. To finish off the piece I stamped 2 images from Kompac "Little Bird" stamp set with Versafine Onyx black ink. I matted the piece twice and mounted it onto a main card I had embossed with Leafy Branch Cuttlebug folder.

1 comment:

Glenda J said...

This is really cool! Love the sparkly laterns.