Friday, March 13, 2009

Another Challenge



It is Friday once again and I have waited until the last minute to get my Penny Black Saturday Challenge done. This week was an item challenge we had to use 3 brads, 2 ribbons, and 1 flower. I was not sure if the rules let you use a flower image or if that counted as you flower so I had to find a non-flower image. I forgot to check the name of this stamp but he sure is a cutie.

I started off by stamping and embossing him on a piece of cold press watercolor paper with Ranger's black detail embossing powder then I colored him with my Tombow markers. I used my square Nestabilities to cut him out but first I 1/2 cut out the end of the banner with my scissors then when I cut out the rest of the image with my Nestabilities I made sure the cut out part of the banner was on top of the Nestability away from the cutting lip. That way it could not be cut!! If you are confused by these instructions email me and I will take some pictures. I punched out holes for my yellow ribbon and tied a knot to attach the banner to the mouse "car". I then matted it with a scallop square Nestability. The blue background paper is from DCWV the "Luxury Stack" 8x8 cardstock. I matted that again then onto my main Bazzill cardstock. I finished off the card by adding my 3 brads, final piece of ribbon and Kaiser Craft flower that I put a Page Pebble in the center of. I made the mouse car raised and shiny by adding Ranger's Glossy Accents.

All supplies are available from Crafty Capers. If you have any questions on how to do this card just ask! Thanks to the Penny Black Saturday Challenge folks for organizing this each week.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card victoria and it did make me smile....such a cute image...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSc
Hugs Kath xxxxxx

Lesley said...

Haha! This is adorable!!! Love Penny Black!