Monday, February 2, 2009

Seize the cupcake!

Another coloring card! This time I used Tombow markers, mainly. I started off stamping Hero Arts Clear Design cupcake set on watercolor paper a bunch of times with Versafine Onyx black. I let the ink dry (this is very important if you are in a rush use your heat gun to speed things along). I colored and blended with my Tombow markers as previously stated. I then found a scrap of Shrink Plastic in my scrap bin and stamped on of the larger cupcakes on the shrink plastic with my black Stazon ink and colored the image using my Sakura Souffle and Stardust gel pens. For those who don't know what shrink plastic is(the brand I use is Lucky Squirrel). It is a sheet of thin plastic about cardstock weight and when you heat it in an oven or with your heat gun it shrinks up to about 1/3 of it's original size! Very neat stuff!

I then cut out the cupcake image carefully because the gel pens take a while to dry, I found this out the hard way too! Then heated it with my heat gun. You know it has fully shrunk when the image is fairly flat. When you are actually heating it it curls and flips around it's quite scary the first time you do it. To make it fully flat after shrinking I put a pad of paper on top of it and press for a minute or so. Don't use your hand because the plastic is HOT.

I stamped my saying on a piece of blue Bazzill cardstock with Versamagic ink and mounted it. I mounted the cupcakes on blue then my main cardstock. I ran a silver ribbon down the side of the card and put my saying and mini cupcake on the ribbon. I would have added some magnetic tape to the cupcake but one of my employees is a "tidier" and has put my Xyron machine up higher than I can reach!

Thanks for looking!

No comments: