Saturday, February 28, 2009

A rose by any other name


I'm still playing with stencils with at least one more to go. This one was a fun one although in real life VERY glittery!
The background roses and Happy birthday are both Dreamweaver stencils.
First off I applied white Dreamweaver paste to the roses stencil on a red piece of cardstock while the paste was still wet I applied Sand and Liberty Blue Glitter Ritz glitter to the paste making sure it fell in a diagonal pattern and tapped off the extra. I set it aside to dry. While that was drying I used the white paste on the Happy Birthday on a scrap of blue paper. While the paste was wet I sparingly applied Sand glitter. I let that dry as well.
When everything was dry I matted with red and blue and attached the Happy birthday on top of the background. I thought the Happy birthday panel needed something on the ends so I used Antique Linen Distress Stickles. I did not pay attention while they were drying and ended up putting my hand in it so the dots ended up larger than I had intended. :)
All the supplies for this card are available from Crafty Capers in Lantzville BC. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: