Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Girly Birthday

My niece's birthday is coming up and I felt like doing a fun card so I thought I'd get to work on her card in advance!!
The girly image is by Penny Black. I am not sure if it was one of the recently discontinued ones but Crafty Capers does still have her in stock and she is on the webpage.
I stamped her twice, once on my main white cardstock (Bazzill) and once on a scrap of white. I colored both images with my Tombow markers. I found 2 scraps of Imaginesce paper and stamped the girl again on the patterned scraps and cut out her top and skirt and mounted them onto the girl stamped on the scrap of white. Using my Long Spellbinders Rectangles I cut her out and as well a blue mat. Please note in order to get such a skinny mat I had to use both the small long rectangles and the large long rectangles. I mounted the cut out girl onto the blue mat and then attached her over top of the girl on the main card with popdots. I stamped out Hayley's name on more pattern scraps using a Stampendous clear aphabet and mounted each square onto a scalloped mat (again cut with Spellbinders squares and scallop squares). I thought the main card looked a little bare so used a couple of daisies from Stampendous's clear set Circle Talk Spots and stamped them using my Tombow markers as ink. I mounted the Hayley squares to the right side of the card with foam mounting tape and then stamped Happy Birthday on the bottom with black ink. The Happy Birthday is by Inkadinkado.
Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Yvette said...

Absolutely LOVE it!!!