Thursday, February 19, 2009

Balloon Day

This is a card I've been wanting to make for quite a few months now. I've found that just because a card looks cool in your head does not mean it comes out of your head easily. This one came out pretty well.
The image is 1 large image from Penny Black called Balloon Day that I stamped pieces of. The image in available in store at Crafty Capers and on the on-line store.
This card is a 3 panel card 8.5 long divide in equal sections. On the front panel I stamped the little hedgehog in the upper right side just coming down into the picture and embossed him with Rangers Detail Gold embossing powder. In fact pretty much everything is embossed in detail gold powder. I sponged Ranger Stonewash dye ink around the edges of the card to color the white card up a bit. I then stamped a flower border from the clear set called Happy Day by Hero Arts. I use this border a lot definitely worth the money. The butterfly is from a different clear set from Hero Arts stamped with Ranger Stonewash ink. I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head. The hedgie and flowers were all colored and blended with my Tombow markers. To finish this panel I added a bow of yellow gingham ribbon.

Panel 2 I again stamped and embossed the little hedgehog but he is now in the center of the panel. Sponged stonewash ink around the edges, embossed the flowers and colored with Tombow inks. This picture really shows the Ranger Glossy Accents I added to all the balloons on this card.
The final inside panel I embossed the other 2 hedghogs on this stamp waiting for the floating hedgehog. I added a line of green Tombow for them to be standing on to anchor them. The "what's up" saying is from the same clear Hero Arts set as the butterfly. It was stamped in Stonewash after I sponged the edges of the card. After I'd taken this picture I realized I'd forgotten to add the small Hedgehog one final time on the right of the card for the 2 hedgehogs to be looking at. Anyway, you get the idea! Thanks for looking!

No comments: