Friday, January 30, 2009

Treasures of the Heart

I have had to make some cards for people who sent me Christmas cards but I didn't know they were sending me Christmas cards. You know when you go get the mail on Christmas eve and you have a card from your Great Aunt that you have never before had a card from! Anyway, I got a few of those this past Christmas so I've decided to send spring type cards to them since I am now just getting around to sending to these people. Here is the first one I did. It is for some roommates I had when I was in University.

The first thing I did was find a scrap of glossy cardstock that someone had done a brayering demo on with Ranger's Big and Juicy Waterfall rainbow pad. It was not the best demo since the color was all mottled. :) I stamped the main imaged with clear embossing ink and embossed the image with black powder. I then took my beloved Tombow felt markers and colored the flowers and leaves. I matted it with pieces of scrap out of my scrap bin as well as stamped my "friends are special treasures of the heart" stamp on a matching piece of cardstock. I thought the main cardstock needed a little something so I took my Scor-It board and scored lines around 3 sides of the card which you cannot see in the photo. I edged all my mats with Versamagic white ink for extra pop.

Thanks for looking!

Stamps: Stampington Garden view, Penny Black Treasures of the Heart

Ink: Ranger Big and Juicy Waterfall, Ranger Big and Bossy embossing ink, Versamagic cloud white

Other: Tombow markers, black embossing powder

No comments: