Saturday, January 31, 2009

Today is a Gift






I've been on a card making streak lately. Here's one I made a day or so ago. I took a scrap of white cardstock and embossed a square using a large square Nestabilities. I then cut out a window the same size out of a scrap of cardstock. I used the frame I made as a mask. I laid the mask over the outside of the embossed square to keep a nice white border. I took an Inkadinkado stamp and inked it with Ranger Big and Juicy soothing sunset rainbow pad. I stamped the flower randomly inside the square inking only every second stamping. When the space was covered I took a Penny Black saying and stamped it in black ink.

I matted the white piece on a yellow main piece of cardstock. I filled up the bottom of the card with a different yellow cardstock strip that I had stamped with one on Penny Black's stitches borders again in Soothing Sunset. I finished off with a gold ribbon bow. I've put a close up of the flower so you can see it better. Thanks for looking! I'm late for work!! :)

No comments: