Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Running Free


I actually, made this card before Christmas but did not get around to scanning it before now. I usually give my Dad "man" cards in his stocking for sending to his friends. This is actually the only one I got done! Sorry Dad!
I started with a scrap of glossy cardstock that had been sprayed with Memory Mist ink "pale ale". I then used a Dreamweaver stencil and embossed the horse 3 times with black embossing paste. This took a while because I did not want to accidently squish the wet paste so had to let each horse dry before moving onto the next one. For the record I started with the middle horse. When everything was dry I matted the glossy cardstock with brown cardstock that I had cut with a Fiskar's patterned scissor. I used the scrap "wiggly" brown cardstock as a mask to make the ground below the horses. I used Ranger's Adirondack Espresso dye ink for this. To finish off the card I stamped Art Impressions Clouds in Espresso ink and edged the top and bottom of the card with a Posh Gold Metallic pen.

No comments: