Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Black and White butterfly



I was working on cards for my class Puttin on the Glitz in a few weeks. This is a card that did not make the cut.

The image is a wood mounted Butterfly by Stampendous.

The first thing I did was put Be Creative tape (5 mm) down the open side of the card unfortunately the tape went on crooked so I had to put the bottom one on crooked too! I then cut a wiggly line on the pieces of tape and peeled one side of the backing off and put Glitter Ritz Black micro fine glitter on the exposed tape then I peeled off the other side and put Crystal Clear glitter on it.


The image I had planned to use did not work with the border so I stamped butterfly with Versafine Onyx black (love this ink!). I thought the butterfly needed a little bit of color so I used my Tombow glue pen and put glue on the dots of the butterfly and used Fire Red Glitter Ritz on them. Hopefully, the closeup picture will show this

better. Overall a pretty quick card.

Thanks for looking!





3 comments:

Lorri said...

I think I need this butterfly stamp for my own use.

Anonymous said...

Now I know what to do with my 5mm tape I bought from you the other day! Like the blog and your cards!

Anonymous said...

oh that last comment is from Michelle Hanna!!!