Friday, November 21, 2008

Mega Merry



I'm finally getting down to making my Christmas cards and thought I would play with Stampendous' Mega Merry Clear set for the first time. I also just bought Spellbinder's Illumination Borderabilities die so wanted to play.

I stamped and embossed with Crafty Capers Pixie Dust embossing powder (clear w/glitter) the Merry. I then colored the letters with a Tombow marker. I then realized the Merry would not fit on the 5x5 card I had hoped to use!! So my friend, Lorri suggested cutting out the letters and pop dotting them (thanks Lorri!). I had taken a green square of Co-ordinations cardstock and cut a Illumination border out of it and was going to use that but liked the look of the "left over" pieces so used that as a mat instead. I embossed the "and bright" in Ivory Embossing powder. Lorri and I thought the card needed something so Lorri suggested we add Stampendous silver Geoshapes stickers around the border and that was perfect! Hope you enjoy.

1 comment:

Lorri said...

Hurrah for your friend Lorri!!!!
I love this card so simple and clean with a little bling. By the way you have the best stamp store to hang out in and chat, thanks for that.