Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Seasonally appropriate!


I've been making quite a few Christmas cards lately because most of the new stamps coming into the store have been that theme. I thought I should probably wake up to reality and 1. admit it is no longer summer (although I did wear my capris to work yesterday!) 2. admit fall is here!
Here is another card I did with one of Magenta's new fall cling format sets. These stamps are in the same set the pumpkin is in that I used on a card a few weeks ago.
First off I stamped the 3 images, they are all separate stamps but nest together) with Versafine Onyx black ink and let dry. Then I colored the images with my Tombow (waterbased) markers and blended. I also used a warm grey (n79) and edged around the images and blended to warm up the background. I mounted onto a scrap of Bazzill cardstock I got out a bigger piece of Bazzill cardstock and stamped a wheat stamp, also from Magenta, using Rangers Adirondack Latte and Terra Cotta on the background. I mounted the mushroom images onto this piece in the lower right corner. I thought the top needed something so put a Magenta Peel Off's border in copper at the top. I mounted onto my main card and finished it off with a border of Cinnamon Stickles. I quite like how this turned out.
Just a reminder that this Saturday Oct 4 is World Card Day and Crafty Capers is celebrating by having 1 card classes all day for $3 each. All tuition will go to a Nanaimo Food Bank. Hope to see you there!

No comments: