Thursday, September 4, 2008

Pumpkin Patch




We got a new order of cling stamps from Magenta last week. This cute pumpkin stamp was in a fall set. I had to color it. I used cheapie Laurentian pencil crayons to color it and popped up the various pumpkings as seen in the close up photo. I made a background paper using a Magenta mask. I have seen these demoed before but never played with one myself. I quite like it. For those who don't know what they are. They are basically 6x6 (or 12x12) plastic stencils. First off, I used Ranger's Cut N' Dry foam to apply Ranger's Adirondack Terra Cotta dye ink in the swirls. I left the stencil in place and used a mushroom stamp from the same fall set from Magenta and used my new Brillance Copper ink. I removed the stencil and used Adirondack Ginger dye ink around the edges. I used a scrap of copper cardstock on the spine of the card and mounted the pumpkins on black.
Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Lorri said...

Nice card, very fallish--love it. I might just need some pumpkin stamps, lol. Enjoy your week. I will be heading down to the states on Thursday morning, if you have something you want me to look at or pick up let me know.