Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Beautiful Iris


I really love irises. I've had this stamp for a while now but have not used it in ages. I saw a similar card layout on someone's blog but don't remember whose.
First off, I stamped the iris and embossed it with clear powder on white glossy cardstock. I used Ranger Adorondack Terra Cotta dye ink and rubbed it all over the piece and set aside to dry. I took 3 other strips of white glossy cardstock. I used my Ranger Craft Sheet and put drops of Lettuce and Pesto Alcohol inks on my sheet in approximately the shape of my 2 strips. I gave the sheet a squirt of blending solution to lighten the colors a bit. I put the cardstock glossy side down and gave a 1/8 of a turn to blend the colors well. I did this with 2 strips. For the third strip I used a wooden handle with a piece of velcro on it. I attached a piece of inexpensive felt and put a few drops of Terra Cotta Alcohol ink as well as a few drops of Butterscotch with a bit of blending solution. I then daubed the felt onto the remaining glossy cardstock until completely covered. I mounted everything on black as shown then felt the iris piece needed something so I took a fine black Sharpie marker and drew 2 lines at the top and 2 at the bottom. I then took a clear Hero Arts butterfly border and stamped it on the left side of the card with Black Archival ink. Thanks for looking!

No comments: