Sunday, July 20, 2008

When Life gives you Limes...



Crafty Capers got a big order from Impression Obsession stamps this week and the minute I saw the limes stamp I had to have it! First off I stamped the limes on a piece of acetate with black Memories dye ink and heat set it. I flipped the acetate over so the ink was facing down then I took my clear drying Art Institute glue with a metal tip on it and filled in each section. I worked in color sections ie I "glued" the areas I wanted light green. Once I had the glue on I would pour 1 color of glitter on at a time. I did this until all the areas were filled with glitter. I used microfine Glitter Ritz colors: kiwi, moss green, fire red and warm highlight. I set this aside to dry. On another piece of actetate I stamped the Impression Obsession stamp "when life gives" with black Memories ink and heat set. I took a 12x12 piece of Kiwi Switch cardstock by Worldwin papers and cut a 6x6" square out of 1 corner. I used my Scor-It board and basically in a + sign across the paper (one score to make the card then another score to flip the extra piece inside the card (to hide my acetate when it is inserted). I then took a Nestability square and ran it through my cuttlebug to create a window on the front of the card and on the inside piece. I did these windows at the same time so they would match up. I actually had to use my craft knife to finish off the inside square since the Nestability did not quite cut all the way through the second piece of cardstock.

I mounted my 2 pieces of acetate inside the front window and then put the inside piece over the back "workings" of my card to hide the acetate edges. I finished off the card with Ranger Lettuce Dimensional Pearls on the acetate to look like brads. Unfortunately, Crafty Capers is already sold out of the lime saying and the Lettuce Dimensional Pearls. I will be reordering soon.

1 comment:

Terrie said...

Victoria you did a beautiful job. I love it, even tho green is not my favourite colour. I love the Art Insitute glitters. I've been checking their web site to see what new things they were coming up with for CHA Summer. Haven't seen anything there that has caught my eye. Happy Crafting.
Terrie