Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Perfect Pearls Week

I decided that this week on the blog would be Ranger's Perfect Pearls week. I'm going to challenge myself to use Perfect Pearls in different ways for each entry this week. Of course, this was decided before I realized there would be several orders coming in this week so it will be extra busy! Today's order was MORE GLITTER and TAPE! So that kept me busy for a while especially since I had some "helpers" rooting through the colors before they were even counted. You know who you are, Angela and Kim!
Anyway, back to the card. I needed to make a birthday card for our neighbour, Harvey who is always such a big help with Holly (& Tikka before she went to the Bridge), our garden and other assorted things not to mention he is my supervisor at my firehall job. First, off I ran a scrap piece of actetate through my Cuttlebug using the number collage. Then I flipped the acetate over and painted Turquoise Perfect Pearls mixed with water into the debossed areas. It was that easy. To make paints out of Perfect Pearls just mix with water and they dry with no problem on acetate! I also took 2 Heidi Swapp Raw chipboard letters and painted them with Perfect Copper Perfect Pearls and let them dry. Meanwhile, I found 2 coordinating pieces of turqouise cardstock and trimmed them to size (to fit a 5x7 card) and attached them to my white card. I stamped a Penny Black stamp "birthdays are numbers and mine's unliste" with my Vibrant Primary Big and Juicy rainbow pad. I used a Stampendous clear Happy Birthday stamp and stamped it 3 times without reinking in the top right corner. I mounted the acetate onto black cardstock using an EK Success corner punch then mounted it to my turquoise and mounted the 60 onto the other piece below the Happy Birthdays.
Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who??? Me???? I wasn't at the store this week. That was my alter ego. I can't imagine pouncing on the glitter as you were unpacking it.