Thursday, July 31, 2008

Flower Power

What with unloading the new order it's been quite busy. I'm glad I got an extra card done yesterday. These stamps are by Magenta. First off, I stamped and embossed both images with Ivory embossing powder on watercolor paper (140lb, cold press). The long panel was stamped on a 4x5.25" piece and the square flower on a scrap. I really like heavy watercolor paper for coloring because it does not warp or pill when coloring with paints or my Tombow markers. I used Luminarte's Twinkling H20s for coloring this card. Twinkler colors used: Tanzanite (background), Wintermint and Midori Melon (leaves), Fuzzy Peach and Pink Anthurium (flowers) and Lemondrop for the berries. To get a fairly smooth flow on the background I prewetted the paper then applied color. This helps the color blend smoothly. I thought the larger panel looked a bit "naked" so I used my Scor-it board and scored a frame as shown. I still thought it was missing something so I carefully rubbed the raised edges of the frame with Denim Adorandack dye ink. I mounted the square onto a scrap of blue then black cardstock then mounted it onto the larger panel. I hope you enjoyed this card.

No comments: